Monday 30 March 2009

Horus Heresy: Legion

This was a difficult one, halfway through we decided the angle of the shot wasn't working so I had to re-render the whole thing from scratch to revise it. I think we ended up with a moody and atmospheric piece. I had great fun working on the 'Imperial Guard' in the pic, they were really exotic compared to the Space Marines I'd been used to.

Artwork (c) Games Workshop 2009. All Rights Reserved. Used without permission

I like the sky and general moody atmosphere in this piece - I was going for a Lady Elizabeth Butler feel with this one - if you get a chance Google her, do it - she seems to be a forgotten and underrated artist.

Trivia:
The Imperial Guard were based on photos of me in a trench coat, kneeling on my living room floor holding a broomstick - Aah, the glamour of being an illustrator!

1 comment:

Ben Newman said...

sweet! the misty fog/dust effect works really well.