Wednesday 6 January 2010

"2010: The Year We Made Contact"

Well, Hello Everyone!


It's good to be back and on fighting form for the start of a new year. A year that promises making contact with extra-terrestrial life so I see...

Here's a quick recap of what I've been up to these past few weeks (in no particular order):
  • I've taken up studying Magic - something I've always wanted to do.
  • I got an iPhone - ftw!
  • Been busy securing more interesting, varied and exciting work.
  • Saw Avatar 3D - Mind-blowing stuff.
  • Been sledging with my children - great fun!!!


My wife got me Al Williamsons 'Flash Gordon' book which has some of the most beautiful line art I've ever seen - it's definitely something to aim for this year.


Also, I've been reading Walt Stanchfields 'Drawn to Life' books, which have been incredibly inspiring and have renewed my interest in how I approach drawing and sketching - a must read for anyone who wants to get life into their drawing.

So, that's the first post for 2010 - the first of many, I'll wager!

1 comment:

Tony Jackson said...

Happy new year ... and so on ... this might interest you, I discovered this company who sell "skins" for the iphone, some really cool ones on there, but best of all they will print ones with your own artworks on ... check it out ... jazz that phone up. I have one on order :)
http://www.gelaskins.com/index.php