Tuesday 20 July 2010

Recap: Signing, Nemesis

Hello,

Well, I had a great time at the GW Store, Oxford Street Plaza, signing and sketching. Alas, I was so busy, I didn't have time to take any photos - so I've cribbed these off James Swallows blog to make up for it.

As always, meeting everyone was a pleasure - even more so with the biscuits and doughnuts we were kindly offered. There were people from all over the globe, from Dulwich to L.A...! Signings are so great, you realise your work has a life beyond the final .PSD file - that people actually like and respond to your work - it's always inspiring for the next several months until the next signing/ event.

Sophie and the GW store staff were excellent hosts and looked after us very well, I believe we were signing and sketching solidly for the whole 2 hours... man, my wrist hurt after all that.


After all that, we headed over to El Camino's (again) for spicy Nacho's with the T-Birds from the cast of Grease. Strange, but true!

Then we visited the National Portrait Gallery for the BP Portrait Award exhibition and to view the John Singer-Sargents they have there, but I'll save that for another post...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Were there any leaks at the BP Portrait Awards?

Neil Roberts said...

Well, they were OIL paintings.

Badum-tish!

Thankyou, I'm here all week.